• The Gambit Online - The local weekly free paper, it is a great resource particularily for apartments, the job section is small but usually packed with places in good locations. It seems to be that more quality people put their ads in the Gambit as opposed to the Times-Picayune.
• The Times-Picayune Online - The daily big paper for New Orleans. A larger resource for jobs and apartments.
• Craig's List for New Orleans - Another useful apartment and job resource.
• Latter & Blum, Prudential Gardner, French Quarter Realty, and Metro New Orleans - Realty services with searchable websites in the city of New Orleans.
• New Orleans Job Resources Listing - Links to employment agencies, searchable sites, resume posters and more. 21 different links for you to explore.
• New Orleans Employment Guide - Exactly what the title says it is.
Some helpful links to assist you in planning a vacation are NOLA.com and The Gambit Online. Both are local papers and entertainment guides, they make it their job to know what are the best and newest things to do around town. Also check out the New Orleans Police Departments Tips for staying safe.
The ThinkNOLA Wiki is a New Orleans-centric encyclopedia-type thing. According to its front page, it says "The Mid-City Neighborhood Organization is using the New Orleans Wiki to write the Mid-City Recovery Plan. Learn how to label Hazardous Household Waste for collection. Help write the History of Gentilly. Find a Mailing List or Forum to discuss your neighborhood. Learn about Charrettes. Attend the Geek Dinner."
Can't find your answers here?
noladarkside—Geared for the more darkly inclined. If you have a tendency to dress in black and hang out in goth clubs this community is probably for you.
neworleansguide—A community specifically for tourists. Low-traffic, but let's fix that, shall we?
queerneworleans—We're here, we're queer, you're probably used to it by now.
nola_trans—NOLA's transgendered community. VERY low-traffic.
nola_photos and streetcar_fans—Photos of New Orleans and streetcars.
vegnola—Vegetarians/vegans in NOLA. Veggie friendly restaurants, grocers, etc.
nola__eats—Dining/Food. This group has a monthly meetup style dinner worth checking out!
humidcity—A New Orleans blog.